Friday, November 19, 2010

The Final Stretch

Well, the 2010 NASCAR season is about to draw to a close, and for the first time in years, we are going into the final race not knowing who the champion will be.
With the points lead is Denny Hamlin, a driver everyone counted out early in the season when he had to undergo knee surgery.
15 points behind Hamlin, is 4-time defending champ, Jimmie Johnson. At this point, everyone simply expects him to win everything.
And in 3rd place, 46 points behind, is dark-horse Kevin Harvick. Someone most people have not expected a whole lot out of, but is a skilled and determined racer.

Any of these 3 drivers could come out of the race on Sunday lifting the Sprint Cup trophy. One mistake could cost any of them the championship.

I can't wait to watch the race Sunday (& I actually will get to, as long as it doesn't run past 6 when I have to go to work) and find out what will happen. This the most I have looked forward to a race other than ones I've actually gone to.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I am going to the Penguins game tonight, so my next post will likely be about that.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like this NASCAR season has been crazy to say the least and I hope the pens game was awesome!

    ReplyDelete